On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at the Omni Hotel in San Francisco, JMBM’s Discovery Technology Group™ and FTI Consulting, Inc. hosted an Executive Briefing on the new federal rules for e-documents and e-discovery.
Targeted at general counsel and senior in-house technology executives, attendees learned how to proactively deal with the changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure that go into effect on December 1, 2006. Expert speakers, who have been on the front lines of electronic discovery and electronic information management, addressed the new requirements in a way that not only ensures compliance, but adds business value as well.
Specific topics this informative briefing addressed included, among other things:
· The immediate impact of the new rules on businesses;
· The new vocabulary that the rule changes will foster;
· Required changes to corporate information management policies and practices;
· Key subjects you must discuss with your in-house IT people before the new rules go into
· Critical steps you should take now to prepare effectively for the new electronic information
Jeffer, Mangels, Butler & Marmaro LLP certifies this activity has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California.