Join Stan Gibson, Chairman of JMBM’s Patent Litigation Group, for a seminar discussing the evolving California and federal law regarding extortion statutes and the application of pertinent ethical codes and issues.
This presentation covers criminal and civil claims of extortion in numerous contexts, ranging from:
- Alleged extortion by patent and intellectual property trolls
- Pre-litigation demands by lawyers
- The extortion of entertainers and celebrities
- Business network takeovers by hackers
- The role of prosecutors and defense attorneys
- Emerging trends in white collar and non-white collar cases
Developments in this area are reshaping how lawyers should think carefully about extortion and its ethical implications to the everyday practice of law.
Contact Doreen Filice at 310.201.3589 or DFilice@jmbm.com if you would like to register.
Date and Time
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
4:30pm – 6:30pm
Registration: 4:30 PM
Presentation: 5:00 – 6:00 PM
Reception and Q&A to follow
JMBM’s Orange County Office
3 Park Plaza, Suite 1100
Irvine, CA 92614
Map and Driving Directions
There is no charge for this program.